• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Tom McIver's Tune Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

artelagro

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I received, in the post this morning, a book of original compositions by Tom McIver which has been produced as part of a crowdfunding appeal by Gary Blair to buy an accordion for a talented, 10 year old blind boy from Siberia called Roman Semeryak

<SIZE size=150>[/url]

Tom visited me roughly 12 years ago when I was starting to learn to play and he was starting to compose. About a month later, the postman delivered three music scores, one of which, to my surprise, bore my name (I told you I was famous). I later asked him when he was going to publish a book of his compositions and now we have the answer. I am going to work through his pieces at my own speed but if you want to hear a sample of his work then here is Gary Blair playing his ‘Graham Wilson’s March’
<SIZE size=150>
Graham Wilson himself plays it at <SIZE size=150>The above tune is included in Toms book.
If you want to support the wee lad then the crowdfunding site is open for only the next couple of days.
Ca canny
Garth

Garth, sorry, I missed this at the time. That's a cracking, foot-tapping tune. I'd like to hear the one named after you!!!! What an honour. Sounds like the book's being sold in a real good cause too. I'm in the stone age when it comes to the Internet but none of the links above seem to get me to the book or the crowd funding...

Matt, Thanks for your interest. If all goes well there will be photos of a couple of the scores added here.

What Tom compiled consists of 7 double sided pages which, when folded turn into a 28 page book or leaflet containing 13 original tunes and, more importantly, his reasons for composing them. The script is written in Tom’s pure Glasgow dialect but if you need any help with the translation then I will be happy to help.

I was a bittie disappointed with the early response to this post but will take this down to the library and get a number of copies made if more people are interested. It may be more appropriate to have the book digitised (if that is the word) and trust any members who download it to donate something to this very worthy cause. My computer skills are limited (being polite here), so any help on the technical side of this will be welcomed.
As usual click on the photos to enlarge.
p.s. tell Soulsaver I havent mastered the positioning of the photos yet.
Ca canny
Garth

Attachments

• g.wilson.jpg
    g.wilson.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 918
  • roman.jpg
    roman.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 914
  • agroves.jpg
    agroves.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 913
I have now re-scanned the book and the 14 pages, condensed down to 1.4Mb are now available.
PM me with your email address if you want a copy.
When printed, you will have the full A5 sized music book including Tom's reasons for writing the tunes.
Garth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back