• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Titano Standard Base Reed Block needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

Newer here, I was wondering if anyone new where I might find a base reed block for a Standard Titano with two reed registers.

Also, does anyone know where Ernest Deffner went. The sight is still up, but no one has been responding for six months. The phone is still taking messages, but no returns. I was just wondering.

Thanks,

Douglas

I have many Titano reeds & reed blocks. Send me some pic's of yours and the measurements and I'll see if I have a match.

I also have some complete bass machines.

Jim Dascanio
"THE FISARMONICA SHOP"
Shop (413) 592-5672 Cell (413) 539-4950

Are you calling the right # ?? https://ernestdeffner.com/shop-online/accordion-parts.html

Unfortunately the Busso website has had some problems for years now.

Last edited:
Jim, Thanks for the response. I think I could give you the best idea with a video on the sound I'm trying to work out along some pictures of the bass reed blocks. At one time I was going to swap bass sections out with a stroller I have, alas the stroller base section is about one inch longer than the standard. Bummer right?

If I can have your permission, I would like to call you on your cell tomorrow and discuss a path forward.

Thanks in Advance,

Douglas

Jim,
I've taken some pictures of the base section. Note the reed blocks are labeled #538 and $638. This is a standard model. The RH is a LMM - but I think the base is a standard base section.

There is a slight amount of leather curling above the spring stays. The leathers do seem quite supple. I check the leathers inside the reed block, and they are generally better on the curling.

I will put together a video on the sound later today. It seems that there is a high note missing on the Eb, Ab and maybe the Db. The high note is there when I'm pulling the bellows, but absent when I'm pushing the bellows.

I will call you later today also.

I would also like to have a conversation on Deffner - It seemed like you indicated that they were still in business somewhere.

Thanks in Advance,

Douglas

Attachments

• IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1011.JPG
    IMG_1011.JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1014.JPG
    IMG_1014.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    381.6 KB · Views: 4
Jim,
I've taken some pictures of the base section. Note the reed blocks are labeled #538 and $638. This is a standard model. The RH is a LMM - but I think the base is a standard base section.

There is a slight amount of leather curling above the spring stays. The leathers do seem quite supple. I check the leathers inside the reed block, and they are generally better on the curling.

I will put together a video on the sound later today. It seems that there is a high note missing on the Eb, Ab and maybe the Db. The high note is there when I'm pulling the bellows, but absent when I'm pushing the bellows.

I will call you later today also.

I would also like to have a conversation on Deffner - It seemed like you indicated that they were still in business somewhere.

Thanks in Advance,

Douglas
I have generally had good luck getting a response from Deffner within 1-2 business days when I email Frank Busso at: frank@bussomusic.com

I'm still cruising down my path -

One other question - Is there a standard order for reed notes in the block. I'm going through one by one but would like to know if there is a standard.

Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back