• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Tiny cymbal crash on playing A on middle reed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok If you were a member on AF, and were interested, you'll know the answer to this, and assuming no one nails it /lets the cat out of the bag, I'll divulge later.

I bought a 'broken' red 1960/70s Hohner Lucia for the experience. Needed treble & bass pallets refelted, couplers freed, keys refurbished, thoroughly cleaned and body buffed. It looks great & plays well now and in-tune but when playing one note, 'A' as the note finished you could here a metallic noise like a tiny cybal crash - not loud enough for an audience to hear but noticeable to the player, distracting and broke your concentration.

So what could it be?

Symbol crash equals metal. I think it was a metallic piece that was set to vibrate.
Was there a piece of the A key mechanism touching the grill?

You had the accordion modified to have MIDI and you left it connected to your computer?

A tiny titchy little Cajun Fairy trying to play a triangle and knocked off its perch by the next note........................No ?

jarvo said:
A tiny titchy little Cajun Fairy trying to play a triangle and knocked off its perch by the next note........................No ?
Near...:)

It happened on both push & pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back