• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Thinking of buying need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cromwell

Around april time I will have around £700=£800 pounds and I would like to buy an accordion. I am thinking of a good quality secondhand one and think this forum is the place to find the advice I need. I am thinking of one with 80 bass or more, German or Italian,and I would eventually like to play ballads as apposed to scottish and polkas so something with a mellow sound if that is possible.
I hope to teach myself so if you can recommend a good book that would help.
James.

Don't know if you've already thought of it but could be worth looking for clubs in your area as well?

It's a good budget for a 2nd hand instrument - you'll have plenty of choice but you should probably try to get (the loan) of a student one first as many people a) give up
or b) they form a different view of what they want for the longer term.
So club is good, teacher that will lend you an instrument is even better, if you can find one.

james
google *accordion revival* and buy the book, it may cost you £20 but it will be worth every penny
colinm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back