• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

The Quiet Man Fight Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

StargazerTony

Reaction score
Not exactly music of the British Isles but, in 1951 there was a movie called. "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne , Maureen O'Hara, and Barry Fitzgerald. It was a great character study set in Ireland and in the movie there was a fight and that fight had music that would be perfect for an accordion bass solo, at least the theme of if it would. Anyone know where I could get the score?

Reedwarbler

Reaction score
I believe the tune in the film ( if I am listening to the right one) is based on the tune "The Rakes of Mallow", which should be easily available.

A search on the internet produced several sources although I haven't specifically found a score for accordion.

StargazerTony

Reaction score
Reedwarbler post_id=57726 time=1524996479 user_id=84 said:
I believe the tune in the film ( if I am listening to the right one) is based on the tune The Rakes of Mallow, which should be easily available.

A search on the internet produced several sources although I havent specifically found a score for accordion.

Thank you! Thats just what Im looking for. Ill arrange a version of it for accordion and post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.