• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

The Music for the Royal Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another feeble attempt at playing baroque music, this time by G.F. Handel.
I love making arrangements for accordion ensemble or orchestra (and people play them all over the world) but I find that there are always errors or other imperfections unless I try to play and record everything and listen carefully to the result.
Over many years of making arrangements for my own ensembles I have learned that the audience does not like very long pieces. The Fireworks music normally takes somewhere between 16 and 20 minutes (depending on repeats and speed). So I shortened it, cut down to just under 11 minutes. I always wonder whether a typical audience for accordion orchestra would notice...
No video, just audio here. (There really isn't much to see when I sit down and play for 11 minutes... and I don't have enough Fireworks pictures to make for an interesting slideshow either.) Just enjoy the music!

[video=youtube]

"huge" would be a better description than "feeble" Paul...

losthobos said:
"huge" would be a better description than "feeble" Paul...

Huge is more applicable to the effort it took than to the result.
I'm doing the best I can but I'm really a bass accordion player, although the 4 normal (button and convertor) accordions in the picture may suggest otherwise. My wife is the "normal accordion player" (but not involved in my recordings) and typically plays 4rd voice. My arrangements are generally characterized by having interesting 4rd voice and bass parts. Now you know why...

Hey Paul, great job on the Handel. You don't need a slideshow of fireworks!

Just a thought though...I bet people would enjoy a slideshow of all your different accordions in one of your videos.

Frank

Frank Fusari said:

Just a thought though...I bet people would enjoy a slideshow of all your different accordions in one of your videos.

Frank

No slideshow yet, but I do have a few "mosaic" videos in which you can see me play all 5 instruments simultaneously.

debra said:
Frank Fusari said:

Frank

No slideshow yet, but I do have a few "mosaic" videos in which you can see me play all 5 instruments simultaneously.
Thank you, Paul. Great performance of great music!

One of my dreams is to own a new free bass accordion, if you had to pick only one accordion of the many you have, which one would you stay with? Let me make a guess, the AKKO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back