• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

The great thing about accordion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo40

Been here for ages!
Reaction score
I sometimes tell people (wife included) the great thing I like about accordion as a hobby is , at the end of the day, you can simply sweep up all the used notes, pour them back into the instrument and reuse them next time: cheap and tidy!??

Last edited:
Of course, if you're playing with other people it's important to follow Sir Thomas Beecham's advice and "never play the bit you've got left over at the end!" (Just sweep those notes under the carpet and recover them later, like Dingo says.)

Aahhh ha; I get the picture; when I try to "auto-correct (like my cell phone) and get to the "right" note, I understand why I sometimes, I have notes left over, and sometimes, not enough to finish. (most often it's extra notes as I keep missing the "right" one)
So we should just dump them all back into the fold, and use them at another time ?
I like that. Now if I can get my brain into that mindset, all will be fine.
Have a great day, you just helped mine.
CHICKERS

Hey, the accordion was the reason I met my wife! ;) I was playing diatonic accordion with a Celtic band at the time, I played a tune that she liked and she came to see me after the gig... Then later on I invited her to a Robby Burns night and things sparked.

Hey, the accordion was the reason I met my wife! ;) I was playing diatonic accordion with a Celtic band at the time, I played a tune that she liked and she came to see me after the gig... Then later on I invited her to a Robby Burns night and things sparked.
My wife and I hit it off despite me playing the accordion. Our 35th anniversary is coming up. She's my biggest booster now and gives me heck when I don't play happy, lively songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back