• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Swinging Filuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maugein96

A swinging filuzzi track featuring swing guitarist Maurizio Geri along with Il Liscio Cambia Pelle, who appear to be a (semi) traditional Filuzzi band.

Is there a Hot Club in Bologna that they havent told us about?

I liked the swinging tempo to this one even before the guitar solo kicked in at 2.58, and that just put it into a different category altogether.

Yep, a very nice track. I think it's the same lot as on one of the clips that Stephen showed us in the one-sided accordion thread, with the same fresh approach plus, as you say, a bit of hot club of France thrown in which can't be bad.

I should have viewed all the clips Stephen posted, then I would have realised you already knew about Andrea Scala as well.

You may remember that I spent quite a lot of time trying to make the connection between the type of CBAs played in Bologna, with those made in France. I eventually gave up after trying to interrogate various French and Italian forums. I concluded that it was just one of those things that somebody somewhere will know, but will probably never see the need to explain.

I think it was yourself who made me aware of Filuzzi a year or two back, and I had never heard of it before then. Courtesy of some Xmas presents from my wife, I've taken to wearing checked "hillbilly" shirts since I watched the recent documentary, but the playing has yet to materialise. I no longer use the linen cover experiment on the keyboard, as most of my fans didn't see the point. Well two out of all three of them didn't, and I'm still waiting for my youngest grandson to talk to see whether or not he approves!

I am now a man of leisure, so I've got more time to try and work out why they make CBAs with treble couplers on the rear in the Bologna area. If I ever find out I'll let you know.

:) :) :)

They are fine clips anyway, doesn't matter whether I knew the players before. There are many of these questions that I doubt will ever be answered. What I would like to know is, what was the trad music of Lazio/Abruzzo/Molise like before "ballroom" dances arrived?

Treble couplers behind the keyboard - it's just so "smooth"...

Matt Butcher said:
:-
What I would like to know is, what was the trad music of Lazio/Abruzzo/Molise like before "ballroom" dances arrived?

Don't think I'll live long enough to work that one out. With French text I find that things are not all that difficult as I've been trying to read it for quite a long time. However, Italian does not appear to be written with the same logic, and direct translations seldom seem to make sense.

I reckon I'll put another post on in case I can strike a chord with somebody who might know why they favour "sistema francese" accordions in Bologna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back