• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Sweet nostalgia ...

dunlustin

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi losth

Tried it, got:

This website has been blocked by ....​

The site is listed as a malicious site ....

??

Dingo40

Been here for ages!
Reaction score
Yeah, like Pipemajor said!🙂👍
Thanks for sharing, Terry!👍

Last edited:

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also worked well for me... and I of course like the first pic... of a 60's Gola... lol
Richard, if you whitelist this site, you can get in, it is harmless. :)

In just doing a fast listen to his excerpts, with closed eyes, there is no way I could distinguish between a Sonola to a Gola to a Titano or others... they all sounded fantastic to my ears. The only thing I think he is off on is that there was no post production done... clearly some tracks have reverb added, and that alone can change how a song sounds quite drastically... so take that part of the "flat eq on an analog recorder" comment with a little salt.

He also states he used panoramic mics, which, IMHO is a generic term that can mean anything from one $20 mic to multiple special high end microphones (2 or more), and does not state the brand of mic used, which also can have a *HUGE* impact on the sound dynamics/quality. :)

If he is looking for scientific reasons why an accordion sounds as it does, he's not made that grade, but he *has* recorded how sweet accordion can sound in bassoon or clarinet.

Great find Terry!

Last edited:

dunlustin

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jerry - many thanks for that.
I was hoping for a false alarm but when the anti-malware goes off I prefer to be cautious.

Valski

Reaction score
Also worked well for me... and I of course like the first pic... of a 60's Gola... lol
Richard, if you whitelist this site, you can get in, it is harmless. :)

In just doing a fast listen to his excerpts, with closed eyes, there is no way I could distinguish between a Sonola to a Gola to a Titano or others... they all sounded fantastic to my ears. The only thing I think he is off on is that there was no post production done... clearly some tracks have reverb added, and that alone can change how a song sounds quite drastically... so take that part of the "flat eq on an analog recorder" comment with a little salt.

He also states he used panoramic mics, which, IMHO is a generic term that can mean anything from one $20 mic to multiple special high end microphones (2 or more), and does not state the brand of mic used, which also can have a *HUGE* impact on the sound dynamics/quality. :)

If he is looking for scientific reasons why an accordion sounds as it does, he's not made that grade, but he *has* recorded how sweet accordion can sound in bassoon or clarinet.

Great find Terry!
I agree, great examples however you can hardly distinguish the different accordions. Perhaps it's how they were recorded and I'm sure that you should be able to hear the difference between them live.