• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Sunny Side of the Street - Solo jazz accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdutheil

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a french accordion player, and I recently put a new video on Youtube : Sunny Side of the Street, solo version. 
You can see it here : 
There are also other videos on the channel (jazz, swing waltz, ...) ; feel free to subscribe if you like, Im going to put new videos soon !

Have a nice day,
Jérémy

Great, nice feel.

I can’t agree more. You sound great and the recording sounds super. I really enjoyed it. Thank you.

Really lovely round tone too.. What is this accordion please

Wow thanks guys for these comments, it's motivating !

losthobos > it is an A. Ballone Burini (Italy), tailored with Ziricote solid wood. This is in fact an incredible accordion !

jdutheil said:
Wow thanks guys for these comments, it's motivating !

losthobos > it is an A. Ballone Burini (Italy), tailored with Ziricote solid wood. This is in fact an incredible accordion !

Hi Jeremy,

Superb sounds and great playing.

I am one of those dinosaurs who listened to the old musette tunes from about the 50s onwards, until it almost died out in the late 60s. The music in those days, as you'll probably be aware, was a lot easier to learn and play for guys with limited ability like myself.  

The "jazzy" accordion seems to be what's keeping the accordion in France alive, and long may it continue. 

I have two French accordions, a Maugein Mini Sonora, and a Cavagnolo Vedette 5, but just wish I could play like you do! 

You have a new subscriber to your YT channel!

LOVE IT!!!!! Great vibe to that recording. And that sound! Incredible!

Thanks for posting!

Jérémy,
Nice catchy number, well rendered! :)

Not much can beat these old favourites! :)

I like the old standards and well played with a nice relaxes style.

jdutheil pid=70798 dateline=1585408277 said:
...Sunny Side of the Street, solo version. 
You can see it here : 

Your presentation is very well done. A brief discussion on your audio setup would be welcome. I noticed that you used a separate microphone for the bass section. A key problem with recording accordions is that the sound projects in different directions for the treble and bass. While I have determined a good position for my own recording microphone, it is obvious that a second microphone is necessary to correctly balance the sound from both sections of the instrument.

fphlpsnrg pid=71013 dateline=1585852194 said:
jdutheil pid=70798 dateline=1585408277 said:
...Sunny Side of the Street, solo version. 
You can see it here : 

Your presentation is very well done. A brief discussion on your audio setup would be welcome. I noticed that you used a separate microphone for the bass section. A key problem with recording accordions is that the sound projects in different directions for the treble and bass. While I have determined a good position for my own recording microphone, it is obvious that a second microphone is necessary to correctly balance the sound from both sections of the instrument.

Yep two microphones are mandatory, otherwise you wouldnt be able to do any kind of mixing after the recording. Im using Prodipe AL21 for the left hand (a microphone that Im also using on stage), and Prodipe STC-3D MK2 for the right hand. Both are really nice microphones, for an affordable price !

Hi everyone !

And here is a new video :
A song by Marc Berthoumieux, a french accordionist that mostly plays world music..

Hope you enjoy !

ha...i thought i was listening to an old games console soundtrack.....which doesnt mean i didnt enjoy it....keep em coming...thanks...always a pleasure to hear that awesome tone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back