• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Stylish Italian Duo: The Sound of Silence

Walker

Prolific poster
Reaction score
White outfits - check
Completely black accordion - check
Shoes... anyone seen Stefano's shoes?

Last edited:
Play nice guys 🙂😄

Nah!
Shan't!
Waffor enniwey?

(Truth is I met lots of great folk while I was there, but the "...trying too hard to get noticed..." pretenders got up their noses, too. But of course, it is not confined to Italians by any stretch of the imagination: We have our own home grown posers in plentiful supply.)

Overall the performance is quite commendable. Yes, they were striving to be artistic in their presentation but since musicians are often called artists they shouldn't be criticized for this. Two talented, attractive and young (compared to me) musicians should be encouraged and commended on their video. My only criticism would be the camera work since all of the panning and movement becomes a distraction.

I have to mention that I really like his accordion back strap and should get a similar one. 😀 (y)🪗

I think if I had such a great and expensive accordion as that, I'd be walking about without shoes too (though it wouldn't be for stylistic purposes). 🤣

Joking aside, I like it, that's why I shared it here and also Dingo is right, they have put a lot of effort into creating a nice video. It is very professionally done. But the accordion sound, that's what I like most, including the way it is processed etc. The accordion sounds great.

It is possible though, that perhaps the stylistic vision can occasionally conflict with the substance of the actual song. To me the setting in the old ruins does not connect well to the words - the reference to street lamps, neon lights and subway walls.

That said, yes this is a stylish duo indeed.

Last edited:
Back