• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Stick with what you have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keymn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Many of us seem to be concerned or can’t wait to purchase the next best thing in digital accordions and arranger modules. Over a 10 years period perhaps some owned every model.
With the FR4x and Roland bk-7m, I am settled in the sound that fits the gig. Wouldn’t want to change. In a comfort zone at the gig as far as balance and audience response. Focus on the customers more lately.
Yes, Have purchased a new arranger lately, but a great home instrument and use on keyboard gigs only. Have my old arranger keyboard as backup and use it with accordion when I gig outdoors...
“This is a great time to be a musician!”

Cool Larry! What is an arranger for? Makes backup music from chords, you pick the style?

Tom said:
Cool Larry! What is an arranger for? Makes backup music from chords, you pick the style?

Correct!
This is my focus at home projects. Have not picked up the accordion for 6 weeks during the COVID shutdown. Been practicing on Korg pa1000. Learning the many details on operation. When I went back to accordion performing, seemed the fingering techniques felt improved.
Weird, but true...

"Stick with what you have" is great advice with digital and acoustic accordions alike.
The quest for a "better" instrument can be never ending and very expensive.

debra said:
"Stick with what you have" is great advice with digital and acoustic accordions alike.

It is a mistake to suppose that if you buy a guitar like Eric Clapton’s you will be able to play like him.  The musical instrument industry depends on people making that mistake.  Over and over and over again.

GChrisrayner said:
debra said:

It is a mistake to suppose that if you buy a guitar like Eric Clapton’s you will be able to play like him.  The musical instrument industry depends on people making that mistake.  Over and over and over again.

I second the motion! Every time I see a fascinating accordion for sale, I wind up looking for negatives about it or telling myself I have enough toys. My wife is a great helper in that regard.

I found this very interesting. On My Korg pa1000 You can convert sets to older models With korg PaManager Software. Is software like this going to end the era to buy newer models of keyboards/Digital accordions?

Sometimes a new instrument will inspire you and kick your playing and your practicing up to another level. But it’s also surprising what tuning and some minor adjustments and repairs will do if you’re not satisfied with your current instrument. I know this about pianos and suspect the same is true for accordions. Will let you know when I can get mine to a good technician....closest is 500 miles away.

Sometimes a new instrument will inspire you and kick your playing and your practicing up to another level. But it’s also surprising what tuning and some minor adjustments and repairs will do if you’re not satisfied with your current instrument. I know this about pianos and suspect the same is true for accordions. Will let you know when I can get mine to a good technician....closest is 500 miles away.
Yes, and ever time I get a new instrument, discover more stuff, gives that incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back