• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

soundcloud recordings - zig zags

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smdc66

hi,

i've noticed that when i do a sound cloud recording, it appears to visually be a block of colour (grey) :hb

when others do them it is visually different : a zig zag type of block of colour , zig zag lines running along top and bottom :mrgreen:

hope you know what i mean - those that do use soundcloud should do

That's because your playing is very well controlled. Smooth, melodic, no lumpy bits. The bars are the loudness. I think you also may record at a lower volume than some. If you want to get into having heavier beats, more contrasts or whatever, then fine, but your playing is noticeably even. Not a bad place to be, with the bellows under control...

recording volumes are an issue as i dont know why but they have always been very subdued - if someone could help with this that would be great , also......

thing is playing with expression is something i am working on too - so if i express certain parts of song more by harder bellows movement ie playing louder would/should this cause the zig zag effect at those points - :?:

oh btw pm you via sound cloud and unsure if you get this in your e mail in box so giving you a quick head's up - was a personal compliment on a recent recording you did today :ch

Can you point us to your sound cloud recording so we can have a look at what is going on.

Hi David, firstly that was in no way a criticism of your playing - you always describe yourself as inexperienced etc., most people only learn that kind of control later on. Second yes I was really very pleased and interested to get what you sent me on Soundcloud, I haven't managed to hear the track you posted yet, then I'll reply - but really glad of the compliment and very interested on your thoughts about Italian music - if you think I've hit the spot then I'm always happy cos you know the tradition... .Cheers, more soon, Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.