• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Some accordion blues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past I worked for a Dealer that carried accordions imported by Ernest Deffner. The late Palmer& Hughes talked Deffner
to import a model made by Pancordion with a Titano badge. It was a small 3 reed with a curved keyboard & tuned in 5th's.
This was in the late 60's and the so called Tigers never sold well and gathered dust on dealers shelves until sold for cost.
I knew of a larger 41 key/120 bass model made by Pancordion (Crucianelli) was at the time marketed in Europe.
Well because of the disappointing sales here Deffner never imported the 41/120 key 19' keyboard model here.
This gent has found one on Ebay and thank you Dingo for posting it. The sound of this one on the video is of a 3 reed
Pan ( Cucianelli) with hand made reeds. Sadly he does not select a set in 5ths.
I missed this one on Ebay and would have bid on it !!!

I can only imagine this larger Tiger sold here with the badge "Lion" King of the jungle.

Last edited:
haha.. Jim D.

what other unique or special "accordions i would bid on" are still on your bucket list ?

I've had many accordions in the past 50+ years that have been mostly sold. Today my shop is filled with some 40 used accordions
refurbished for resale and not including my personal 4 Excelsior's & 2 Roland's.
I've rebuilt & refurdished many PANcordions in the past and fell in love with a PANitalia I serviced. I need another personal accordion
like a hole in the head but a PANitalia in good shape and the right price is in my bucket.

The stuff you know Jim....unreal....hopefully you're putting this all down somewhere for future generations! I feel that in 30 years nobody is going to know anything about accordions and their history. I've been around them for 45 years now and I know so little it's scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back