• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

sheet, signs, bellows shake

bigmike0420

Reaction score
hello there,

i'm new into the accordion and have this sheets for practicing bellows Shake and i don't know the signs there. can someone please explain them to me? how do i play the ones where the notes change?

Mike

...please forgive my english ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_20220520_210802.jpg
    IMG_20220520_210802.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20220520_210936.jpg
    IMG_20220520_210936.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 23

Siegmund

Reaction score
The slashes simply mean reiteration, i.e., repeating of the same pitch: 16th notes have two flags on their stem; a half note with two slashes through the stem means "play 8 16th notes." (This is very common in music for strings, less so for winds and accordion.)
If you try to play those by lifting and lowering the same finger, you will find you can't do it fast enough. If you try to do it by using two alternate fingers on the same key, you will still run into limits as to how fast the key will open and close.

The signs at top left of your 2nd page indicate change of direction of the bellows. (They would mean up-bow and down-bow in string music. Here they mean pull and push.) You will rarely see the changes on every note indicated, for a bellows shake. The part may state "bellows shake" above the staff, or just write notes too fast to be played any other way.