• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Sermonette......the Hammond/Accordian experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

losthobos

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I've finally succumbed and had a midi unit fitted to one of my accordions... At tje measly cost of £350 by. John Barlow of Elmat midi..... Guy did a good job and is system made by himself, wire contacts on treble keyboard, hall switches on bass notes and magnetic sensors on chords..
Taking me time to get the response feel and find a few reeds creeping in here and there if I'm not careful....
The hammond emulator is a Ferrofish B4000 unit which is just superb... Though i have a few issues with earth hum at the moment...
Early days but so far I'm still amused by bells and whistles..
Here's my version of Earl Grants Sermonette... Hope you enjoy... Thanks

Thank you... It's an interesting transition... And has forced me to start thinking about making arrangements from the "bass up"
I must admit I'd probably have preferred system if basses were polyphonic but i do prefer the midi bass to the reed bass... But think i prefer the bellow dynamics of reeds...
Overall though I'm real excited about the Hammond possibilities...

Very nice organ sound.
I was always impressed with the organ in the Cordovox. It wasn’t synthesized, it was a real electric organ.
There was also an Electrovox that came out a bit later that also had a great organ. Not sure if Cordovox made a CBA model. The modern day midi accordions and sound modules sure are superior as far as weight and endless selection of sounds goes.

Why play accordion when you can play so much more! :D
In a recent gig which was a traditional Canadian East Coast kitchen party, someone in the audience wanted some Country tunes, and asked for the Johnny Cash song "Ring of Fire"... No problem, I got the trumpet sound all covered! With orchestral basses. People were impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back