• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Seeking Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilly

Reaction score
Hi. I just became a member of this group and so far the only accordion I own is a toy Baronelli. Just 9 keys and two bass keys. I have a birthday coming up and I want to get a decent accordion to get started. I’m pleased with how it’s going on the small one but I need a full size instrument. Does anyone have any suggestions on a starter accordion?

Hi and welcome Hilly,
It's always dangerous to give advice as tastes vary, opinions vary, needs vary and things go wrong!?
You also need to decide whether piano accordion or chromatic button accordion.
However, my suggestion would be a used, Italian made*, three or four voice piano accordion 41/120 in good working and acceptable aesthetic condition. Preferably with straps and carry case included. I do recommend trying before buying. Some vendors allow say up to a month's rental before commitment to purchase, with the rental fully included in the purchase price. ?
There seem to be several sources of used accordions in your general locality listed on Google : check them out! ?
(*Actually made in Italy, not just with an Italian sounding name but made elsewhere, eg China)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome Hilly,
It's always dangerous to give advice as tastes vary, opinions vary, needs vary and things go wrong!?
You also need to decide whether piano accordion or chromatic button accordion.
However, my suggestion would be a used, Italian made*, three or four voice piano accordion 41/120 in good working and acceptable aesthetic condition. Preferably with straps and carry case included. I do recommend trying before buying. Some vendors allow say up to a month's rental before commitment to purchase, with the rental fully included in the purchase price. ?
There seem to be several sources of used accordions in your general locality listed on Google : check them out! ?
(*Actually made in Italy, not just with an Italian sounding name but made elsewhere, eg China)
I’m looking to buy a Diatonic Button Accordion preferably AD or DG. Thanks for the advice.

People on this board are always helpful, but the far majority here plays a chromatic accordion (piano or button keyboard), not diatonic. You may get more advice on the melodeon.net forum dedicated to diatonic instruments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back