• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Scandalli Polifonico 13/6 refurbishment, tuning questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuning is a topic of some interest around here :)
Have a look at https://www.accordionists.info/threads/learning-to-tune.6469/#post-69756
Among other things, I am also a sw programmer, in particular within audio systems (listen to demo on soundpimp.com on SPEAKERS ONLY). Thus, I have ready software to detect multiple notes played simultaneously, i.e. a chord. It is spectrum analysis techniques. It only lacks the graphical user interface. What I am considering, is to implement some perfect tremolo alternatives (per personal preference but well reputed), and then it will be easy to select whatever curve of tremolo, and just adhere to the chosen one note for note in the tuning process, and voila. It is possible to do the same while tuning the bass side chords.

I am sure I will learn about the value of using ears while tuning, but if you do it the electronic way, you should have a good starting point. Since I also do speaker building, I know about the importance of listening and reckon I will be able to adapt to a tuning process. WIth those golden ears of mine :)

Another difference between the 59 and 63 model is that 59 keys are flat, while 63 keys are curved. If I have understood it correctly, the latter construction is to make glissando easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back