• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Scandalli on auction site - 8th July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glug

Site Supporter
Reaction score
In case anybody is interested there's a Scandalli LMMH on a UK auction site.
I've no idea what condition it is in, and I've got no connection with the seller etc.

I did try a couple of bids when it was at £35 :) but I've really got enough to do.

It just sold for £240 which is probably very good price for somebody.

It's showing "the auction is live" at the top of the page.
But when I log in they're on lot no 422.

Lot 190 now shows "sold for £320", but I'm fairly certain it had £240 earlier just after it sold.
Maybe I missed something or that includes commission (probably not).

Try clicking on "watch the auction as a guest".

Last edited:
Came up with me as a hammer price of £320. Additional costs are 21% buyers premium plus VAT which is roughly £75/80.

Cheers, about the second time I've looked at a 'real' auction so I'm still learning how it works.
I make that a total price of £400.64, which is 320 + 320 * 0.21 * 1.20 I think.

the-saleroom.com works as an agent for local auction companies.
So the link at the top was updated after the auction finished.
The actual auction was run by busby.co.uk which handled the live feed and bidding.

The biggest problem buying an instrument at auction is determining condition. The auction house will give you a condition report on request but bear in mind they are not usually experts on the box. Some good pictures of the accordion will tell you about the externals only. No case means it’s been lying around somewhere. Rust on the case might mean it’s been in a damp environment. If the auction isn’t too far away then going to see the goods during their viewings would be the best solution. Almost certain that the box will need a service and a bit of tuning and it’s worth factoring that into your bid. As always, buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back