• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Russian "khromka"

Anadi

Reaction score
I ordered a brand new one from the Tula factory! Key of A. Typical Russian decoration. Should take a few months.

Tulskaya 301M.jpg
How did you go about buying this directly from the factory? Did you email them or phone (do you speak Russian?) or use a middle man of any sort? And your garmon looks beautiful!

Morne

Reaction score
Not OP, but I bought a Shuyskaya garmon in 2018. When I contacted the factory (using Google Translate), they directed me to a Moscow-based store "U Garmonista". The owner, Alexey, and his wife know enough English (and I knew enough of the Russian garmon terminology) to get by. They showed me what they had in stock and did a sound demo.

After the PayPal payment they sent it via Pochta (Russian mail service) EMS and it arrived in South Africa after around 2 weeks.

Email: sales@ugarmonista.ru

They stock both Shuyskaya and Tula, so they should be able to help you with both.

This is the instrument I got:

Attachments

• Shuya.jpg
    Shuya.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Tom

Anadi

Reaction score
Not OP, but I bought a Shuyskaya garmon in 2018. When I contacted the factory (using Google Translate), they directed me to a Moscow-based store "U Garmonista". The owner, Alexey, and his wife know enough English (and I knew enough of the Russian garmon terminology) to get by. They showed me what they had in stock and did a sound demo.

After the PayPal payment they sent it via Pochta (Russian mail service) EMS and it arrived in South Africa after around 2 weeks.

They stock both Shuyskaya and Tula, so they should be able to help you with both.

That is very awesome, AND it has a register switch! And thanks for passing on the website, and sharing your personal experience.

Anadi

Reaction score

Also, I looked at the website and it all looks good. When the description of the box says: tuning in "unison"\"pouring" "унисон"\"розлив" does this mean the option of wet or dry tuning? I am not familiar with the term "pouring". From a language and communication perspective, I thought it might be easier to ask you or someone on this forum than to ask the shop. Elsewhere on the website they translate"розлив" as "bottling". When I use google translate I get the word: spill. Any insight is welcomed!

Last edited:

Morne

Reaction score
Heh, welcome to the world of weird accordion translations. The other fun one is "меха" which translates to "fur" but refers to the bellows.

Yes, "розлив" refers to the tremolo. Which instrument are you looking at? For the bulk of the typical modern, non-customised instruments you're going to get MM or LMM with tremolo (and if you have a switch it gives you MM and LMM). Garmons with MM are not typically factory tuned in unison. If you find an older dry tuned instrument it's most likely LMH.

Once you start looking at the high end customised Tula garmons you can get whatever you want. They go up to the "classical" spec instruments with LMMH and a whole bunch of register switches plus all accidentals (the 27x25 layout).

Another thing which might or might not matter is with some of the cheaper instruments you get plastic reed blocks. Some people prefer those due to the "brighter" sound. The cheaper non-plastic reed blocks tend to be made of plywood.

Anadi

Reaction score
Heh, welcome to the world of weird accordion translations. The other fun one is "меха" which translates to "fur" but refers to the bellows.

Yes, "розлив" refers to the tremolo. Which instrument are you looking at? For the bulk of the typical modern, non-customised instruments you're going to get MM or LMM with tremolo (and if you have a switch it gives you MM and LMM). Garmons with MM are not typically factory tuned in unison. If you find an older dry tuned instrument it's most likely LMH.

Once you start looking at the high end customised Tula garmons you can get whatever you want. They go up to the "classical" spec instruments with LMMH and a whole bunch of register switches plus all accidentals (the 27x25 layout).

Another thing which might or might not matter is with some of the cheaper instruments you get plastic reed blocks. Some people prefer those due to the "brighter" sound. The cheaper non-plastic reed blocks tend to be made of plywood.
Thanks for all the information! I am actually thinking of getting two instruments because, well, a person can't have too many boxes! I have been learning B-Griff, so I am looking at a couple of B system chromatic instruments. For quite a while, I have had my eye on the Tula B46 ( БН-46) which is Not a converter, but rather just a free bass. 46 notes in the right hand (77 keys) and 37 notes in the left hand. I currently have an old school PA free-bass; old school, meaning that it has a full set of free bass buttons between the bellows and 120 note stradella. It is a massive and heavy beast and I was looking for something smaller and lighter, that would also incorporate my Bgriff adventures in the right hand. The other one I am thinking of is the Shuisky Romance (55 melody 100 bass) with the Czech reeds. Well, just because. I am going to contact the place you suggested.