• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Romagnoli Accordions

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Renee and I am the co-owner of Romagnoli Accordions in Oak Lawn, Illinois. The other owner is Rosanne Romagnoli, the daughter of the late, great accordion maker Joe Romagnoli who owned Italo-American Accordions. Italo-American was family owned from 1915-2020. We still sell, repair and restore all (most) types of accordions. I wanted to join this forum because accordion repair is a specialized art and I think it's sometimes helpful to bounce ideas off of other people. We all have our own skill set...but I think sharing tips and tricks can benefit the accordion community as a whole. My 10+ years of experience pales in comparison to the repair men who have been doing this their whole life...but we never stop learning. I'm hoping I can bounce ideas off of other members and offer my help when needed. Our motto here at Romagnoli Accordions is: Keeping Traditions Alive...and that's what we try to do every day. Our customers run the gamut from 80 year old gentlemen who have played for 60 years...to 15-year-old kids picking up the instrument for the first time. It's so important to us to keep those musical traditions alive for the generations to come. I'm looking forward to "meeting" you all and learning more about the most versatile instrument ever! Thanks!

Welcome Renee and I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor!

Welcome! Although I've never been to your shop (NY, VA, SC), I have been aware of your shop's history, of the history of Italo American, and particularly intrigued by Joe' s wife, who ran the shop, keeping it alive through accordions' leanest years.
Happy to welcome you!

Ciao Renee;
You are most welcome here and hope you post more often.

Just a bump. They worked on one of my accordions last week (thanks Accordion Mike) and Renee is working on one this week. They are a great company and extremely pleasant to deal with. I'm also interested in perhaps one of their accordions for sale as well. I'll get more details from them when I go to their store.

Tony C.

Back