• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Roland register for Norteño sound

Reaction score
I'm thinking of editing a new set of registers for my FR-1X and I really like the sound of norteño. Does anyone know how I can choose settings to give me that sound?

oldbayan

Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Norteño and Latin folk musicians use a lot of Hohner Corona II and III accordions, which are MM and MMM instruments, so if you select the "Alpine" set (U1) or the "D" Folk (33) you will be close, especially if you detune the Musette sound to make it "wetter", pages 35 and 45 in your manual. You can spend time in the set editor to create your own sound, but that will be a lot more work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Norteño and Latin folk musicians use a lot of Hohner Corona II and III accordions, which are MM and MMM instruments, so if you select the "Alpine" set (U1) or the "D" Folk (33) you will be close, especially if you detune the Musette sound to make it "wetter", pages 35 and 45 in your manual. You can spend time in the set editor to create your own sound, but that will be a lot more work.
Thank you. I have used the Folk 33 and it is close to what I am looking for. I just added the DETune and will play with that.
Input appreciated.
Craig