• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland fr8x power issues

Stevek

Reaction score
Hi ,
Wondering if anyone has had this issue with their fr8x.
Was playing it yesterday and went to turn it off , and the accordion switched off but the power button light has stayed on .
I have tried connecting the charger and pressing the charge button , but doesn’t work .
It’s almost as if the accordion has frozen .
If this has happened to anyone and there’s a quick fix let me know .
Thanks

Hi ,
Wondering if anyone has had this issue with their fr8x.
Was playing it yesterday and went to turn it off , and the accordion switched off but the power button light has stayed on .
I have tried connecting the charger and pressing the charge button , but doesn’t work .
It’s almost as if the accordion has frozen .
If this has happened to anyone and there’s a quick fix let me know .
Thanks
Try removing the battery and then power back up. Something similar happened to me when I first got my FR8X and this fixed the problem, however the people at Roland suggested that I upgrade my software to the latest version and this never happened again. Also never charge the accordion and play it at the same time because this can cause problems which was the advice of smarter and more technical owners.

Back