• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Roland FR3X spare battery pack

landro

Reaction score
............for under $10 here.http://www.amazon.com/MCM-Battery-Holder-10-Aa/dp/B00AZTUI7Q
I made up a spare and then purchased a charger made for the whole battery pack off Ebay and I never have to remove the individual batteries from the pack holder.

A

acordiansam

Thanks, did you use the 9v connection in the pack for you're pig connection? I've been wanting an xtra pack. Sumtimes I forget. Just would always be nice to have a back up.

landro

Reaction score
acordiansam said:
Thanks, did you use the 9v connection in the pack for youre pig connection? Ive been wanting an xtra pack. Sumtimes I forget. Just would always be nice to have a back up.
Yes , that`s exactly what I do. I get about 5 hrs from each pack ( using internal speakers )

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have advised members here in PMs on how to solve the short lived AA battery pack used on FR-3s and FR-3xs. Since the subject has come up here Ill post it in the Forum. First of all you will have to purchase a 9800 mAH li-ion battery pack such as this one -- http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Outle...=12+volt+9800+mAH+Li-ion+rechargeable+battery These can be purchased with a US or EU plug. Next you will HAVE TO reverse the polarity on the battery packs output plug. If you have a bit of electronic knowledge this will be simple for you. When I say output plug I mean the plug that inserts in the V accordion. If the polarity of the plug is not reversed the V accordion will not be harmed but it will not turn on. I have customers that have been using these for 3 years now with excellent results. Some purchase these and reverse the output plug themselves and some purchase them and bring them in the shop and I do it for them. The main advantage for using these packs (especially for the gigging musician) is the prolonged life of the pack itself. FR-3 owners get 4 to 5 hour life from them and FR-3x owners get 6 to 7 hours battery life. Most of the V accordion owners that have them use an older cell phone holder and clip them to their belt. It will also fit in a pocket. And then I have some customers that use both - they perform with the Li-ion pack and if if it happens to run down on an extended gig - simply unplug it and the V accordion reverts to the AA pack. Another advantage is that the charger that comes with these can be used to recharge your AA pack.

If you have ??s send me a PM. :tup:

landro

Reaction score
These can be purchased with a US or EU plug. Next you will HAVE TO reverse the polarity on the battery packs output plug. If you have a bit of electronic knowledge this will be simple for you. When I say output plug I mean the plug that inserts in the V accordion. If the polarity of the plug is not reversed the V accordion will not be harmed but it will not turn on. I have customers that have been using these for 3 years now with excellent results. Some purchase these and reverse the output plug themselves and some purchase them and bring them in the shop and I do it for them. The main advantage for using these packs (especially for the gigging musician) is the prolonged life of the pack itself. FR-3 owners get 4 to 5 hour life from them and FR-3x owners get 6 to 7 hours battery life. Most of the V accordion owners that have them use an older cell phone holder and clip them to their belt. It will also fit in a pocket. And then I have some customers that use both - they perform with the Li-ion pack and if if it happens to run down on an extended gig - simply unplug it and the V accordion reverts to the AA pack. Another advantage is that the charger that comes with these can be used to recharge your AA pack.

If you have ??s send me a PM. :tup:[/quote]
I like this solution even better.