• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Roland FR-4x USB computer port

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm posting this tread for FR-4x owners and it concerns possible damage to the USB data jack on the bottom
of the grill. When using the port with a straight jack and performing while sitting has caused the port to become
damaged. Not a problem with other models but is showing up on 4x's.
The female USB port as with all Roland models is part of the output & power supply board. Any damage to any
of the inputs will require a board replacement. Damage to the female output can be avoided by the the use
of 90 degree plugs and securing the cables under the bellows strap.
A USB adaptor can be seen here --

Last edited:

jimgansett

Reaction score
hi Jim, been a long time! I do monitor the board from time to time. Your advice seems excellent on this topic, why Roland made the USB port part of the output & power supply board is beyond me. In any event, did you mean for the Amazon logo to be clickable? It isn't, just wondering

Pipemajor

Reaction score
hi Jim, been a long time! I do monitor the board from time to time. Your advice seems excellent on this topic, why Roland made the USB port part of the output & power supply board is beyond me. In any event, did you mean for the Amazon logo to be clickable? It isn't, just wondering
It is when I click it:giggle:

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi JIM: Its clickable on my 3 PC's and on my Mac.

jimgansett

Reaction score
I'm posting this tread for FR-4x owners and it concerns possible damage to the USB data jack on the bottom
of the grill. When using the port with a straight jack and performing while sitting has caused the port to become
damaged. Not a problem with other models but is showing up on 4x's.
The female USB port as with all Roland models is part of the output & power supply board. Any damage to any
of the inputs will require a board replacement. Damage to the female output can be avoided by the the use
of 90 degree plugs and securing the cables under the bellows strap.
A USB adaptor can be seen here --
Oh, problem solved. I had forgotten to turn off ad blocker for this site, which I normally do because I don't expect ads. Once turned off, it's fine.
Thanks, Jim, hoe you have a great Christmas.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And have a "Happy New Year"

JIM D.

Keymn

Reaction score
Good point...on my Korg pa1000, I have tight squeeze when it it placed on a keyboard stand. This will help...