• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Ricordo. Filuzzi waltz

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been spending more time on the CBA and thought I’d post a condensed version of the song that lead me to this style. It was recorded on my phone and there are some wrong notes here and there. Now that I have (most) of the notes down, I’d like to start making it more stylized and add some passing tones and substitutions on the bass side.

Here is how I’d like it to eventually sound::)

Nick,
Well done: you've got nothing to apologise for!
Don't forget Ruggero Passarini's got three or four others helping him and only the treble to actually play!?
All good!??

Thanks, Dingo. It took me a while before I felt comfortable posting my playing here. Not sure why... everyone is very encouraging. I guess we are our own biggest critics.

That was quality time spent with your CBA !
Great playing ! Nice job, I think I'll look up that Ricordo Waltz sheet music and have a go at it.

If you go to the Italian site lisciodoc (Free sign up), there is a whole load of Carlo Venturi and R. Passarini tune books to download totally free

Oh wow! Thanks for the link. I will check it out. The other cool thing about these sites is that you can download the midi file backing tracks. They are fun to play along with.

Instead of posting more new threads, I figured that I would just add on to this one. Here is another filuzzi tune:

Reactions: Tom
Here is another quick video that I made tonight. I have to stop looking at my right hand!

Nick,
Great tune, nicely played!??
Italy certainly has "style ": great!??

You're pretty good at the PA as well:

Last edited:
Thank you Nick for posting your superb rendering of Ca' rossa. One of my favourite Italian tunes. So simple yet so elegant.
I slowed the you tube down to half speed so that I could watch your fingering and learned a lot. I'm going to put it in my favourites so I can study it more. (y) (y) Could you tell me which couplings you used please. Sadly my ancient ears are not able to tell but I like your choice.

Thanks Dingo. I am enjoying the 'tour of Italy.' I was playing mostly Neapolitan song when I was playing piano accordion. And now, I'm moving up north with Filuzzi the past month or two. I've started to work in some music from Calabria as well. My goal is to spend a few months with several regions and eventually have enough music to put together a nice program of Italian music. There is just so much good music out there!

Thank you Nick for posting your superb rendering of Ca' rossa. One of my favourite Italian tunes. So simple yet so elegant.
I slowed the you tube down to half speed so that I could watch your fingering and learned a lot. I'm going to put it in my favourites so I can study it more. (y) (y) Could you tell me which couplings you used please. Sadly my ancient ears are not able to tell but I like your choice.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment. The accordion is still new to me, so my fingerings are probably far from 'correct', but they get the job done. I think, one of the reasons that I look at the buttons so much is because I need to clean up my right hand technique. (Well, it's also stressful when making videos, so I tend to look more often because I don't want to have to stop and do yet another take.)

I used the MM coupler for the A sections, and the Master (LMM) for the other parts. The B section sounds a bit 'thick' with the master, but I really wanted to have some extra weight on the higher notes.

The sheet music is on the https://www.novalis.it/ website. It's free to download once you register.

Thanks Dingo. I am enjoying the 'tour of Italy.' I was playing mostly Neapolitan song when I was playing piano accordion. And now, I'm moving up north with Filuzzi the past month or two. I've started to work in some music from Calabria as well. My goal is to spend a few months with several regions and eventually have enough music to put together a nice program of Italian music. There is just so much good music out there!

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment. The accordion is still new to me, so my fingerings are probably far from 'correct', but they get the job done. I think, one of the reasons that I look at the buttons so much is because I need to clean up my right hand technique. (Well, it's also stressful when making videos, so I tend to look more often because I don't want to have to stop and do yet another take.)

I used the MM coupler for the A sections, and the Master (LMM) for the other parts. The B section sounds a bit 'thick' with the master, but I really wanted to have some extra weight on the higher notes.

The sheet music is on the https://www.novalis.it/ website. It's free to download once you register.
Thanks for that Nick, I thought you had the L register in but I couldn't make out which other registers were playing.
Yes I have the music. The version I have is the "Unione" Edizioni Musicali which has the run down on bar 26 as A,G.F sharp, whereas you play B,A,G. I don't suppose it matters as both sound equally good to me.
Two of my other favourite Italian tunes are Bella Mia and Ricordo.
Both simple tunes with beautiful melodies.
Ahh, so many tunes, so little time:)

I will have to check that spot, at measure 26. I may have just hit the wrongs, or I may have learned the song incorrectly.
I am not at the point where I am playing the songs perfectly every time. If I can get through without any major train wrecks, that is a win. I really do get a lot of enjoyment out of playing, and I hope that the more I record and post, the more confident I will become.

Please don't think that I was in any way criticizing. I am in no way good judge anyone's performance.
Like many tunes, they can vary depending on many factors, not least, the version you learned the tune from.
I'm just happy to hear tunes I love and attempt to play, being executed to well.

Oh, I didn’t take it that way. It’s always interesting to look at different versions of the same tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.