• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Repair or sell for spares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pollywolly

Hi there, I have a Galanti 120 bass accordion that used to belong to my mother. Basically in good condition but it's been sitting in its case for some years now and some of the reeds are dusty/dirty but bellows are still tight and clean. I'm moving and it's got to go. I realise it's not worth much but if anyone wants it to repair for their own use or to use as spares I'm more than happy to let them have it. I just can't take it to the tip, can I? I've got photos but can't attach here. Please pm me if interested. Thanks everyone!

Pollywolly,

You may attract more interest if you were to give the location of the instrument. People may not wish to PM unless they have some idea of where you are.

Just a thought.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Dead people is always arround us. I'm pretty sure she will be very jappy if YOU start learning how to play it, and try to play songs she used to play. (This happened to me, and sometimes i've felt my grandfather near when i play) (he's dead but still alive)

But if you aren't on music, do what Stephen says. Pictures say more things that words. Try to use an APP to reduce the photos file size and upload them here, or try to take the photos with a lower resolution.

Or a vídeo, maybe? Check "liberty bellows" on youtube and try to make a similar vídeo, showing all the sounds of the accordion.

Have a good day!

Thanks Stephen, that slipped my mind! I’m in Brighton, East Sussex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back