• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Relocated to Scottsdale, Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keymn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
After my first month in Scottsdale, seeing a difference here in music trends then my former location in South Florida. I notice 50’s music played in many Mall store fronts? Went to my first Union meeting in Phoenix, many fine jazz musicians were there. I am talking about some monster players! Using a couple of those musicians to back me up on a music gig in March. A live radio appearance is scheduled in February. Probably do some playing and talk about fr4x (I will probably forget the words or the melody?).
The accordion scene not sure? I booked gigs at a Country Club and a Senior Center so far (Oktoberfests). It will take some time, I think <EMOJI seq="1f914">?</EMOJI>, to get started.
Should have a better idea on how the year will go. Like Florida, this is busy time and musicians are already booked. In a couple months, clients book for next season.
Not to worry, retired and looking at a couple gigs a month. No more hustle like 2017 was in Florida...
Wish everyone Happy accordion playing...!

Sounds good, glad you're finding connections but keeping things relaxed as well. I was talking to a CBA player in Birmingham (UK) last night. He plays in a German style band and they reckon on twenty-plus "Oktoberfest" gigs each autumn.

Good luck with your relocation - I guess loading up the wagon and heading on out is part of the American way! :D
Cheers,
Tom

Awesome! Scottsdale's a neat town. And I guess the accordion community is pretty good in the Phoenix area?

Appears Sun City West (about 1 Hour Drive),more of an accordion area with the Accordion Club, Czech Club. I guess they have a music store up there that sells accordions. I haven’t promoted yet in city center Phoenix area.
But focus is on the Country Club and Golf Clubs> many in the Scottsdale area. If like Florida, they hire strolling accordion for Italian, French dinners events. Those were the good paying gigs and just strolling around a couple hours acoustically.
They care less if you have acoustic or 1x, 4x, 8x model VAccordion. They just want the accordion to sound like an accordion. Time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back