• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Register “Feel” on Cassotto Accordions

Scuromondo

Reaction score
Is it typical on a cassotto accordion for the register selection switches to provide different tactile feedback when switching between registers in the chamber vs those not in the chamber?

I have (after a nearly yearlong search) chosen a new accordion—my first-ever new accordion, and my first cassotto instrument as well! I am quite enjoying my squeezing these days! But I have noticed that when a non-cassotto register is selected, if I move between other non-cassotto registers, the finger pressure required is not significantly different than any other accordion I have tried in the past; and likewise when switching between cassotto register settings. However, if I switch from a non-cassotto to a cassotto register, the register button press required is deeper and with a much more noticeable detent. I don’t necessarily mind it, but it is taking a bit of getting used to. I have no experience with other cassotto accordions. Is this typical?

—Paul

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There should be no difference. The force needed to press a register should always simply be a function of how many slides need to shift. so when you shift from H to LMM 4 slides have to move, whereas shifting from L to M moves only 2 slides and should require the same force as shifting from M+ to H for instance.

nagant27

Reaction score
I’ve also not felt a difference on the tone chamber registers. I’ve played a few and it should feel The same, especially on a new accordion. On older ones there could be more friction on the slides maybe, but this isn’t only in the chamber.