• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Recording chord changes on arranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keymn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Demo of recording chord change On Variation 2 on the Korg Pa1000 arranger. Almost certain this can’t be done on Roland bk-7m, but think it is possible with Ketron Sd90. Sd90 owners, let me know!

Keymn pid=71660 dateline=1588204718 said:
Demo of recording chord change On Variation 2 on the Korg Pa1000 arranger. Almost certain this can’t be done on Roland bk-7m, but think it is possible with Ketron Sd90. Sd90 owners, let me know!

Hello Larry , Thank you for taking the time to show us all this feature .it was very professional and understandable .

Ive had various modules with my midi accordions over the years …..I noticed you  picked the key of G major to alter your style variation . All the modules Ive had, everything had to be programmed in Cmaj and saved . once saved it would play in any key you wanted, all you had to do was strike the initial chord in the bass and play in the key of your choice .

Once again I enjoyed your presentation …...well done ……………...Giovanni

Giovanni pid=71670 dateline=1588247648 said:
Keymn pid=71660 dateline=1588204718 said:

Hello Larry , Thank you for taking the time to show us all this feature .it was very professional and understandable .

Ive had various modules with my midi accordions over the years …..I noticed you  picked the key of G major to alter your style variation . All the modules Ive had, everything had to be programmed in Cmaj and saved . once saved it would play in any key you wanted, all you had to do was strike the initial chord in the bass and play in the key of your choice .

Once again I enjoyed your presentation …...well done ……………...Giovanni

I am in the learning stages, but I played/recorded the riffs in key of G. So that is why I changed it. But when playing the style It will change keys if needed depending on the chord played. Thanks for bringing this up, something to discuss further. Yes all arrangers should be the same in this area!

It is possible to do with the BK-7m, though far from that elegantly. You can get USB keys with thousands of beat/arranger iterations from eBay and other places, but those poor people... it really is a painful process... lol

JerryPH said:
It is possible to do with the BK-7m, though far from that elegantly. You can get USB keys with thousands of beat/arranger iterations from eBay and other places, but those poor people... it really is a painful process... lol

Recording a riff and do as an intro/var. 1/ var. 2 etc for your own style creation? Yes, someone does it for Bk-7m, but not in my expertise experience...Ketron SD90 think is same as Korg in many areas.
I like Bk-7m for what it offers and is great for the restaurant gig. Korg Arranger is a fun instrument too and Love to play the keyboard at home and when doing assisted living. They all serve a purpose....all is good!

I just looked at the Ketron X4... it is impossible to do there. Same for a Solton/Ketron Programmer 24.

I honestly don't know if the Ketron SD-90 can or cannot, never tried (or even seen one yet), but its less than a year old on the market, and I would be really surprised if it couldn't.

JerryPH said:
I just looked at the Ketron X4... it is impossible to do there. Same for a Solton/Ketron Programmer 24.

I honestly don't know if the Ketron SD-90 can or cannot, never tried (or even seen one yet), but its less than a year old on the market, and I would be really surprised if it couldn't.

Think SD90 Can do. There are a few Korg PA4x and SD90 comparison videos.
The latest Korg Pa series has midi file to style converter. Works great on some songs, others not. New York, Margaritaville is a couple midi files that convert nice. It does in less then a minute automatic.
Puts intro and variations in proper position as a style. Will do a demo on that. They are the first units to do this, I think?
We are in great times, can’t wait to try that widi module...may just be all I need on stage? Going not stroll anymore for awhile. If I do will just use accordion wireless Audio...

Just a note about the WIDI, we need 2 "kits" to make a virtual cable, and they were going by individual pieces. I had ordered 3, need to add one more order to make it 4 (or 2 virual MIDI cables). I'll do that today.

JerryPH said:
Just a note about the WIDI, we need 2 "kits" to make a virtual cable, and they were going by individual pieces. I had ordered 3, need to add one more order to make it 4 (or 2 virual MIDI cables). I'll do that today.

I understand the concept...I have couple of the mi.1’s for years. Keep one plugged in Korg...when it comes to mapping, that is another story, still need a pad device...I would think? Or can a mapping be programmed in the unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back