• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

recommendations for full size accordion gig bag?

bruce1530

Reaction score
Any recommendations (UK) for a reasonable quality soft case for a Crucianelli Baton TC (120 bass, double cassoto). Dimensions are about 54cm across the keyboard, 48cm keyboard to bass. My old fibre case is on its last legs....always worried that the locks are going to burst open!

Thomann have several, any recommendations there? Lots on eBay, of course, direct from China, but they all appear to be smaller.

Bruce.

Any recommendations (UK) for a reasonable quality soft case for a Crucianelli Baton TC (120 bass, double cassoto). Dimensions are about 54cm across the keyboard, 48cm keyboard to bass. My old fibre case is on its last legs....always worried that the locks are going to burst open!

Thomann have several, any recommendations there? Lots on eBay, of course, direct from China, but they all appear to be smaller.

Bruce.

My accordion is smaller, but I got my soft case from Allodi Accordions. It's pretty good, but doesn't have a brand name on it.

Hi
I find the Roland soft cases very good. Two straps come from the front of the case and are attached to straps at the rear. I have seen some cases without such straps and when carried the corners tend to crunch in on the accordion. May not be a problem but the Roland system seems a good way to spread the load/weight over a larger area.

I have a Hohner and have no complaints.

I bought this one from Liberty Bellows:
NEW Blue Fuselli Soft Case Gig Bag for Accordion 21.5" x 19" x 9.75" - L Fits 41-120 Bass Accordions
It's plenty big for my Hohner Verdi III 41/120 including some padded Italian straps. Well padded and secure handles. What I don't know about is the practicality of ordering from the US.

JKJ

I had a look at a smaller Gear4Music bag today - a friend has one - seems pretty good, so I have ordered the 120bass version. Will report back when it arrives.

i have the 506, which comes in 120 or 140 bass full size
the 511 is nice too
made in Italy by Italiacinte, which is synonymous with "best"
They're not synonymous with "best", they ARE the best... lol
The bad thing is that:
1. Unless you speak Italian, NO ONE will speak to you if you call them at the factory.
2. They won't sell them to you, but refer you to some dealer within your country.
3. They are about double the price of everyone else (but if you can afford it, well worth it!)

I wanted to get their straps, but they are just not set up to deal with the public at all.

They're not synonymous with "best", they ARE the best... lol
The bad thing is that:
1. Unless you speak Italian, NO ONE will speak to you if you call them at the factory.
2. They won't sell them to you, but refer you to some dealer within your country.
3. They are about double the price of everyone else (but if you can afford it, well worth it!)

I wanted to get their straps, but they are just not set up to deal with the public at all.
Carini (in Castelfidardo) does not appear to sell Italcinte bags, but they do sell Fuselli bags and they are set up to deal with the public.

and merely another reason to visit CastleFi

because you can walk into the Italcinte front door and point and
say "i want that" until you have a pile of great stuff and the total price
will be local

I had a look at a smaller Gear4Music bag today - a friend has one - seems pretty good, so I have ordered the 120bass version. Will report back when it arrives.
Arrived today. Seems fine - perfect size, and well padded. Several carrying options - a "suitcase-style" handle, or a single shoulder strap, or a double strap backpack-style.

And great service from gear4music - ordered it online at 6pm last night, arrived today, 22 hours later.

The one I ordered was the "Deluxe 41 key/120 Bass Accordion Gig Bag", https://www.gear4music.com/Woodwind...-120-Bass-Accordion-Gig-Bag-by-Gear4music/P1D

Back