• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Re-charging batteries on a Roland.

Pipemajor

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in the early stages of buying a Roland FR4xb from France and notice that they use 10 AA re-chargeable batteries. I've never seen a battery charger that can hold 10 at one go, so I'm wondering how you charge them. All my communications with the vendor is through Google translate as my French is rubbish, so I don't want to ask him too many trivial questions. Thanks in anticipation, Ian

Keymn

Reaction score

dunlustin

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a X8 AA from when I had a FR1XB so I do 8 then get irritated about the 2 left over.
If I weren't so tight-fisted I'd buy one of the many X 12 chargers available.

Keymn

Reaction score
I have a X8 AA from when I had a FR1XB so I do 8 then get irritated about the 2 left over.
If I weren't so tight-fisted I'd buy one of the many X 12 chargers available.
I also use 4 aaa I charge weekly for my Blueboard pedal and 2 AA for MiDIJet. There are times I will have all 16 bays full at one time.

Chrisrayner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
This will do 10-20 according to the vendor. You could fabricate a connector to charge the cells in the holder. Save a bit of time and broken fingernails getting ‘em in and out.

pentaprism

Reaction score
Here's mine. It can handle up to 12 D/C/AA/AAA cells.

I would rather charge batteries as individual cells than as a pack of multiple cells. Battery cells deteriorate at different rates. I want to be able to tell which one needs to be replaced.

IMG_1986.JPG

Last edited:

dunlustin

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Who says forums are a waste of time?
After several years of being irritated, I just bought a X 4 charger - so no more waiting!
Thanks for the nudge!

oldbayan

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with pentaprism, batteries wear out at different rates, so I use a charger that shows batteries' charging levels and can spot those that seem to take longer to charge. NiMH have a maximum number of times they can get charged before losing their capacity.

AdamJoseph

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Tenergy TN160 LCD Battery Charger 12-Bay Smart Battery Charger. Works great.

davidplaysaccordion

Reaction score
Buy multiple sets of batteries so you can just swap them out and charge the used ones while stilll playing. I have three sets that I rotate. Also write the set numbor on each battery so they don’t get mixed up. I have found the Panasonic eneloop batteries to be the best.