• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hetty

Since I got all that wonderful advice on how to go from 'nearly' to 'confident', my playing has improved and the practicing more fun.
Mind you, I am still playing from the "easiest accordion book" plus some of my piano fake books.
My long term goal is to play "Sous le Ciel de Paris" (under Paris skies) one day with total confidence. I love that piece and all the French musettes.
My parents lived in Paris before I was born, my sisters were born there and I grew up hearing them talk about the city and artists like Juliette Greco, Edith Piaf. My parents 'song' was "La vie en rose".
So I take it one bar at the time and from having to first find the correct buttons, there is encouraging improvement.
Glenn, the canals of Amsterdam will have to wait for a while....
Thank all,
Hetty

Great story Hetty! I think you have the right attitude and I think that as you continue to play, a little at a time, working with more confidence with what you know learning the new material will come easier. You'll bal musette before you know it!!!

Hi Hetty.
There are quite a few versions of Sous le ciel de Paris knocking about.
Do you have a version that is playable by you at your learning stage?

Thanks Glen,
I think mine is the original one. You know an easier version?
Hetty

Glenn said:
How about these?
If you compare them there is a lot of difference in the ornamentation.
The many triplets make the piece in my opinion but for a fairly new beginner may cause more problems than they are worth.

http://www.818daily.com/1/post/2012/05/sous-le-ciel-de-paris.html
http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdFPE.asp?ppn=MN0107981

I’m a bit suspicious about downloading the 818 daily music even though it looks like a decent arrangement, because of the Genieo link, possible clutter I wonder?

Its easy to miss out the triplets though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back