• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Please share any knowledge you have about this Giulietti accordion and its value. It is listed for $3,000.

Verismo

Reaction score
The listing says: "Giulietti 41/3 reed LMM; 120 bass 4 reed sets; Resonance chamber (no tone chamber) G5 sound board with Mex Bass and Mex Guitar (2018-19 install); includes hard case, Limex cable and straps." I have photos--the instrument looks to be in great condition. Thanks in adnace for your help and advice.

Please tell me about my car... it's a Ford and has 4 tires and a steering wheel!
LOL... just being a little humorous to make a point, but of course pictures help and the more info you provide, the more info we can help with. With only a little basic info, there is not much to say.

I will mention that Limex has made like 5 different modules and can include things like a mics only setup and right up to a full right and left hand setup. They are confusing and not very intuitive to use unless you have a lot of experience with them. Placing MIDI on any accordion rarely, if ever, increases it's values any and they can go anywhere from $750 to several thousand dollars. They are also a potential place of issues if not regularly maintained... just like many aspects of the accordion itself.

Start off with all the pics you can show, that's a great start. Include info like how long it's been sitting since last regular use, does everything work, is it in tune, does it leak any or a lot of air and of course do all the MIDI components work properly.

Not hard to find the listing, based on the description. I presume it is this one. Does it come with nachos?

Please tell me about my car... it's a Ford and has 4 tires and a steering wheel!
LOL... just being a little humorous to make a point, but of course pictures help and the more info you provide, the more info we can help with. With only a little basic info, there is not much to say.

I will mention that Limex has made like 5 different modules and can include things like a mics only setup and right up to a full right and left hand setup. They are confusing and not very intuitive to use unless you have a lot of experience with them. Placing MIDI on any accordion rarely, if ever, increases it's values any and they can go anywhere from $750 to several thousand dollars. They are also a potential place of issues if not regularly maintained... just like many aspects of the accordion itself.

Start off with all the pics you can show, that's a great start. Include info like how long it's been sitting since last regular use, does everything work, is it in tune, does it leak any or a lot of air and of course do all the MIDI components work properly.
Obviously it isn't mine. Just wondering if this is a fair price. But you have found the listing and can look at the pics for yourself. What model is this one? Thanks for your response.

it is a strait 3 reed treble 4 reed bass accordion, nothing special about that

i don't care what name is on the front.. a used 3 reed accordion
tops out at $1000 in my book.

now you look at the MIDI.. is it worth $2000 to you ?

the accordion was built for an electronic purpose,
meaning it was built with mute shifts (2, which is overkill)
and a missing master shift but blacked out so it LOOKS
like a normal 4 reed box at a glance

usually such cosmetics are meant to decieve,
and i find that unusual for a Giulietti

i personally have not seen a split master palm on a G before,
but there's a lot of things i havn't seen

all of which seems suspicious to me, and i wonder if this is an'
actual G or something recently built in Europe (meaning after
the american company ceased operations)

the MIDI uses hall effect switches apparently, but it is not
apparent to me which model of Limex it might be, or even if it
is Limex electronics, but the switching looks nicely engineered
and instlalled.. again, it appears this accordion was purpose built/chosen
to support this specific engineering

too many red flags for me, and of course you can buy a lot of
really nice professional used accordions for $3000, or a used Roland
often for less if the "Midi" is what you particuarly want

Steve would know more about the model.. hope he spots this post

it is a strait 3 reed treble 4 reed bass accordion, nothing special about that

i don't care what name is on the front.. a used 3 reed accordion
tops out at $1000 in my book.

now you look at the MIDI.. is it worth $2000 to you ?

the accordion was built for an electronic purpose,
meaning it was built with mute shifts (2, which is overkill)
and a missing master shift but blacked out so it LOOKS
like a normal 4 reed box at a glance

usually such cosmetics are meant to decieve,
and i find that unusual for a Giulietti

i personally have not seen a split master palm on a G before,
but there's a lot of things i havn't seen

all of which seems suspicious to me, and i wonder if this is an'
actual G or something recently built in Europe (meaning after
the american company ceased operations)

the MIDI uses hall effect switches apparently, but it is not
apparent to me which model of Limex it might be, or even if it
is Limex electronics, but the switching looks nicely engineered
and instlalled.. again, it appears this accordion was purpose built/chosen
to support this specific engineering

too many red flags for me, and of course you can buy a lot of
really nice professional used accordions for $3000, or a used Roland
often for less if the "Midi" is what you particuarly want

Steve would know more about the model.. hope he spots this post
Thanks for your info. I'm not really interested for myself--just saw the listing and am trying to learn what I can. BTW, my "Doris" Giulietti plays great, and I am enjoying it. Hope all is well.

Quick comment on the LIMEX MIDI system. Their mic system (*if* this one has the 10-mic right and 3-mic left version), is excellent sounding, however, forget about finding a lot of info, support or documentation in English. They are an Austria based company and if you don't mind google translating their documents, you are going to have a heck of a time learning how to even fully use it!

They are an Austria based company and if you don't mind google translating their documents, you are going to have a heck of a time learning how to even fully use it!
There is an English manual for the Limex MPR4 system on the support page. MPR4 was previous to the current MPRX and is likely what this accordion has installed.

The Limex MIDI + microphones + sound card installed a few years ago would have cost over $2000. So take that into account when considering the value of this accordion.

There is an English manual for the Limex MPR4 system on the support page. MPR4 was previous to the current MPRX and is likely what this accordion has installed.

The Limex MIDI + microphones + sound card installed a few years ago would have cost over $2000. So take that into account when considering the value of this accordion.
The MPRX has one English manual but there are like 4 German ones and there is no manual for the MC12 controller in English (it even says so on the LIMEX website), which I believe is what this one has:
1692982531546.png

It gets worse if you have the older MPR3, which is what I had... I had to visit archives.org to get an English manual for this, its no longer even on the LIMEX website. :)

I was also trying to say that speaking generally, if you research used accordion prices over the years, the addition of MIDI (no matter what system), adds very little resale value to an accordion. so while they most definitely are expensive, you will never get any good percentage of your money back for the thousands one can invest in the addition of MIDI to your controller.

It gets worse if you have the older MPR3, which is what I had
I have an MPR3 system, and it came with a full set of English manuals. These use to be found on the Limex.eu support page.

I would guess Limex has few customers in English speaking countries, so they get no complaints about English manuals. The LimexUSA site use to have English manuals. It is still there, but with only placeholder content. This is still listed as the USA Dealer, so I wonder what happened.

I have an MPR3 system, and it came with a full set of English manuals. These use to be found on the Limex.eu support page.

Yup, no longer there. If you have the inclination to make some PDF files for us, there at least 2 others here (myself and George), that are MPR3 users that could benefit from this?

See this thread:

Back