• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Please help me ID these

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

josh

I inherited these two accordions when my grandpa passed away but I know nothing about them. Can anyone ID them and put a year to them? They've been in cases for the last 10+yrs and nobody has touched them. Is there a resource to determine their value too? I just got home from school and I'm thinking of selling one and keeping the other to learn to play down the road. thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    424.3 KB · Views: 499
  • accordion .jpg
    accordion .jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 500

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well sorry to say there is no great news here for you, but here is the facts:
Settimio Soprani Italian made two voice late 40s maybe 50s , is a 'starter' instrument & probably needs more work than just the buried bass buttons; will cost more to get into shape than it is worth when done.
The Hohner is earlier, 1930s at a guess and with 10 years in the case will almost certainly need work too. It does look in nice cosmetic condition from the pic. As there is little to no demand for pot boiler Hohners from that period if it plays ok you could have some fun with it but it won't make a lot of money, maybe £25-75 on a good day.
Be lucky.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well the good news is you've obtained them for free. The bad news is as Ed has posted, these old box'es have seen their day, repair's would out-value them, and really need to be put to rest. You just might find an amateur repairman in need of parts and then save them from the land fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.