• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

please expert advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bestrangerdx

hello, i have a accordian made by galotta. is it a good make? i have a 96 bass one in red, will it be worth much?

message for pictures if you wanna help me :) all help would be appreciated.

kind regards
nathan hitchcock

Hi Nathan and welcome to the forum. Galottas are far from being a quality instrument but one in good condition should be fine for learning on or for longer term use if its limitations are acceptable to the owner. Value depends very much on condition and without seeing and trying a particular box it is imposible to put a value on it but it will not be high!. Keeping an eye on accordions on ebay may bring up the same model and an idea of what it may fetch..

But presumably you intend playing rather than selling it?

geroge

Hi Nathan - its true to say Galotta doesn't have a good rep amongst the accordion frat - budget quality East German manufacture originally. Do a search on ebay and you'll get an idea of value.

Galotta come from the East German Harmona factory (main brand being Weltmeister, others being Worldmaster, Bandmaster, Scholer, Contasina, Lyra, Bacarole, Alfa and their top quality label - Horch) and were not up to Hohner standards (even Horch in its price range) let alone the better italian makes but are better than Chinese stuff ......

The Ironic thing is that thesedays (this century) in the world of budget accordions , it`s Weltmeister who makes the better low end Piano boxes and CBAs , the Hohner Bravos and Novas are made in China and just aren`t as good as the Weltmeister Achat, Perle, Rubin, CBA72 etc .... Hohner still beat them in Diatonics despite chinese manufacture though.

I own a red 120 bass Galotta, which the Hobgoblin priced at £450 - but they have not managed to sell it so far...

The Massive problem with Hobgoblin and the music room is that they take a ludicrous 33% Commission which pushes the price they need to ask for you to get something decent back way high - this commission is a lot higher than shops such as cameras and optics (15/20%) and others take , they say it`s because they offer a warranty. I can understand it on Synths which can cost a mint if they blow a board but boxes usually can be fixed on site by the staff ..

Sorry Anyanka But I fear the reason your Galotta isn`t selling is because it`s priced too high compared to the multitudes of 120 bass Italian and Hohners floating about (I sold a lovely Atlantic for not much more) , 120 bass Accordions are the hardest to sell unless very cheap or total classics .

I`d suggest offering it here for the £300 you`d get back from Hobgob , it looks a relatively recent model by the couplers so a good buy at that kind of money..... Just a thought

PS:- Yikes - this is my 100th Post ! . :oops:

Thanks for the advice, Adam. I might just do that, because the Galotta has been sitting on the shelf for a long long time now. What I like is that it's not on MY shelf but taking up somebody else's space.

What commission does the music room take?
'Selling your accordion options' would make a good post, as I commented on another thread earlier that drifted onto the same subject we could build up this kind of useful data.

Soulsaver said:
What commission does the music room take?
Selling your accordion options would make a good post, as I commented on another thread earlier that drifted onto the same subject we could build up this kind oh data.

yes - i agree - i was just looking on ebid and preloved and in the past gumtree etc but get confused and wonder what experiences people have and the fact this would help others if we shared them - between us , we have probably tried everything

Oops Just noticed Adam said 33% too for the MusicRoom.

Soulsaver said:
Oops Just noticed Adam said 33% too for the MusicRoom.

It`s a ludicrous amount for anything other than Synths in the music business - you can see why Hobgob and the Music room are loaded with unsold commission sales . personally I`d suggest they ask 15% max (which is what Theo asks) on easily / cheaply fixed instruments like boxes, drums etc and leave the 33% for the expensive to fix electronic stuff like Synths , Electronic pianos, organs (Inc Rolans FR series accordions) , Amps, FX units and other outboard .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back