• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Playing with backing tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart26

Reaction score
I want to produce backing tracks on my keyboard and play these along with my accordion. Can anyone suggest which Backing Track Player I should use. I am a complete novice on this.

Thanks,
Stuart

What format are you looking for? Ipad with Garage Band, Your own works recorded to a multitrack recording played on a portable DVD player? Something else?

How and what do you want to record, how and what do you want to play it on? The simplest is an old cassette player that records and plays back your tune on the spot. Bad points to that is that its likely not stereo, tape wears out and new tapes are a bit of a commodity now a days.

One can record to a newer cell phone and playing it back, if all you are planning is playing for yourself?

Too many unknowns and too many unanswered questions. A little direction, please?

Luke Abbott, who is an acquaintance of mine and a wonderful bluegrass player on multiple instruments, has a program called Strum Machine that might be worth checking out: https://strummachine.com/ The cost is very reasonable--$5/month.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I like iReal Pro for practicing standards and generating quick backing tracks. There is a mixer where you can customize things (eg, piano but no drums, more bass volume, etc). You can also download templates for free from the forum (eg, exercise backing tracks, different rhythms & genres). I bought the iphone version and have found it useful for practicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back