• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Pietro Roffi: Scarlatti & The Accordion

Wow! Are you Hugo North? I was asking if forum member have played any pieces?

Does it matter precisely who is playing what ? ;)

Here is something that cropped up on the youtube feed this morning -

Crisp, clear, precise and highly melodic to my ears.
A lovely start to my day.

Does it matter precisely who is playing what ?

Not at all. In the absence of forum members demonstrating their Scarlatti skills, here's a short recording I found on Youtube of an accordionist from Italy, called Giuseppe Sirena, giving a spare-room recital of Scarlatti.

Given the slightly narrower treble keys and his movement on the bass keyboard, I think he is playing a Zero Sette B29-45 G.R. (M.F.) He has quint system on the bass. A lovely sounding accordion with a very full bass tone.

Youtube seems to be full of really good accordion players, and if the number of views is anything to go by, many are really under-appreciated! I think this young man is a fine accordion player.

Last edited:
I play Scarlatti! The slow A major (the one on that original video) is lovely and I got some kind help on the fingering from some people that know what they are doing. I also play the E major faster one. Anyone else tried any? It's a challenge but because the music is such good quality you don't get bored of it when you practice.

PS if anyone would like scores with decent fingering I'm happy to share, Scarlatti's copyright expired some time ago..... 😉

That's kind of you to offer @saundersbp. I would very much like to have the Scarlatti scores please.

If you have made some of your signature not posh recordings of the Scarlatti music, that would be great to hear too.

That's kind of you to offer @saundersbp. I would very much like to have the Scarlatti scores please.

If you have made some of your signature not posh recordings of the Scarlatti music, that would be great to hear too
The recordings will have to wait until I'm on holiday next year, meanwhile here are scores and C fingerings!

Attachments

• scarlatti.pdf
    380.7 KB · Views: 21

If you have made some of your signature not posh recordings of the Scarlatti music, that would be great to hear too.

I made an attempt at the most famous one - hard and definitely not posh!

Back