• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Piano Accordion. Fratelli Crosio Musettina

boxplayer4000

Reaction score
CrosioFullFront.jpeg
CrosioCouplers.jpeg
This full midi Fratelli Crosio Musettina full size accordion is a handsome 41 keys/120 bass instrument from an age of exceptionally high quality construction. The four voice treble tuning could probably be described as ‘french’ and is approximately -18 0 +24 in the middle ranges. The reeds are pinned to leather (no wax). The bass is 5 voice.
Weight: 27 lbs 12.24 Kgs
The treble keyboard is 19.1/8” 485mm long and is level, fast and shallow.
The bellows are in good order and the accordion is air-tight.
The couplers contain a range of wet and dry sounds. The couplers originally contained three duplicated Master couplers. One of those has been altered to play only the treble tuned reeds (the + and -) and this gives an extra sound which is a particularly fast, bright tremolo.
The padded leather straps, bellows and bass are in good condition.
A protective back pad is fitted.
The midi socket is on the bass end and a switch on the treble grille allows the player to step through a pre-set programme on an expander.
A volume control and jack socket remain in place from a previously fitted microphone but are redundant.
Please ask about payment. The accordion could be prepared for shipping, in its own case inside a cardboard box, for collection by the buyers own preferred courier.
The selling price is £1500 or sensible offers.

Chickers

Reaction score
Your Fratelli Corsio is a beautiful accordion, and if it sounds as good as it looks, it would be a treasure.
Unfortunately you're a few thousand miles away; too far for me to travel for a looksee, and tryout.
CHICKERS
OHIO , USA

Scuromondo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Very attractive looking accordion!
But I’m pretty sure that, by most measures, -18 0 +24 is a bit wetter than is typical for “French” these days, although I realize that is somewhat subjective.

oldbayan

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Very attractive looking accordion!
But I’m pretty sure that, by most measures, -18 0 +24 is a bit wetter than is typical for “French” these days, although I realize that is somewhat subjective.
When your name is Musettina, you need to make it heard!

boxplayer4000

Reaction score
Scuromondo,
I'm not sure which 2-reed option it is you refer to.
The Musettina has a L and M straight reed option and as I explain in the description a coupler to select only the - and + reeds giving a very
fast, bright tremolo.

Scuromondo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Scuromondo,
I'm not sure which 2-reed option it is you refer to.
The Musettina has a L and M straight reed option and as I explain in the description a coupler to select only the - and + reeds giving a very
fast, bright tremolo.
Yes. I apologize if my comment was confusing. I meant there was no MM tremolo setting.

(Just after I entered the comment I realized that it was not clear, but I found that the comment “Edit” function appears to no longer be available, so I was not able to do that)

boxplayer4000

Reaction score
Scuromondo,
No need to apologise. The coupler options are quite limited but I think the makers might have been relying on accordions exceptional musette, and other qualities, to carry it.
The Irish accordionist Dermott o'Brien played this mode of Musettina for a time. I bought one thinking I would sound like him but somehow it didn't work out.