• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

PETOSA ACCORDION

Chickers

Reaction score
Hi All:
This may be old new to some, but to me it's new NEWS.
I received a newsletter from Petosa Accordion, Washington State, USA.
They have introduced a new line of "Americana" piano, and button accordions manufactured for Petosa, and they look and sound great.
My understanding is they are being manufactured in "their" plant in Castelfidardo, Italy,
Wood body, celluloid finish, machine made / hand finished reeds.
They quoted me a Model P-37; which is a piano accordion, in black, 37 / 96, LMM at $4, 000. Looks like a lot of accordion for the money.
Admittedly, the Americana is a lower grade instrument from their standard Petosa line, but the Americana looks VERY attractive.
It appears as though Petosa is getting very aggressive in their pricing, and looking to position themselves in a popular market.
I think it's great news that a reputable accordion company is making some positive impact on the industry.
Check it out.
CHICKERS
Seven Hills, Ohio, USA

Tom

Prolific poster
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, seems to me a little accordion for a lot of money, even if "made" in Italy by Bugari/Zero Sette. Probably a nice unit but $4000?????

craigd

Reaction score
Yup, be careful. The best Petosas are very good and extra very pricey, but their lesser models should be looked over carefully. I have seen greater compromises made in their student models than in the student models of Excelsior, Guerrini or Titano. I don't like plastic where I'm used to seeing wood or aluminum, and that is what I have seen in student model Petosas. Mind you, the prices of their student models approach the price of other brands' best models.