• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Palm/Chin switch addition

TW

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to add a simple wired palm/chin switch to my Roland FR1X CBA to step through the arrangements on the Sipario,
It would replace the current foot operated switch which is difficult for me to use.
Any simple ideas would be welcome.
Thank you

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how large the foot switch is. But you might possible be able to place it on top of the smallish FR1X and then operate it with your chin? (That would require no technically difficult modifications.) Of course, if it's not a foot switch but a large multiple switch setup then that will be too large to fit. If it's a single switch it might just be small enough.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is a palm switch assembly that is used on Roland 7 & 7x & 8x accordions. It can be purchased separately from Roland and
will mount on all Roland models. This same assembly is used on other Italian digital accordions. It has a momentarily contact
switch that can be wired to the grill switch.

pentaprism

Reaction score
I would like to add a simple wired palm/chin switch to my Roland FR1X CBA to step through the arrangements on the Sipario,
It would replace the current foot operated switch which is difficult for me to use.
Any simple ideas would be welcome.
Thank you

What does the current "foot operated switch" does? Can you post its specs and/or photos?

If it is a temporary contact switch, a flash remote trigger may work. They are readily available and inexpensive. See post #8 in this thread:

Last edited:

TW

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for all the ideas....
The foot switch - passing contact - is in a case 10 x 7.5 cms.
I can't reach it if mounted on the accordion but could wear it round my neck - and it would work well (I'm not worried about elegance!)

The Roland route suggested by Jim would be elegant presumable fitting on the keyboard edge but perhaps too difficult to do for me.

I like the idea of a remote switch but can't see how to implement it easily..the thread that was referenced mentioned reed switches that I could operate with a magnet but that may be not reliable in use.

The small switches are perhaps too small but a bank of 3 in parallel could work...

The attached images show the 'chins' switch, the edge of the FR1X, and the sequence of selections (unprogrammed) in the Sipario.
So, still pondering but very grateful for the ideas,,,

Attachments

• AccFiddle_9_s.jpg
    AccFiddle_9_s.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 13
  • ChinSwitch2.jpg
    ChinSwitch2.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Dom_7_s.jpg
    Dom_7_s.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Dom_10_s.jpg