• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Optional sound sets for the Roland FR-8X Digital Accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

John K

Reaction score
Has anyone hand or is anyone experienced with the Dale Mathis and Richard Noel optional sound sets for the Roland FR-8X digital accordion. Any experiences or recommendations you can share will be appreciated. Are they worth the additional cost?

The Richard Noel set is very good. Lots of choice and a great learning resource. Depending on your style and musical choices not every sound will be to your liking, but of course they are editable and it gives a good idea of the scope for sound design with the FR-8X. I have a couple of favourites that I use constantly and have copied out to spare slots so that I can have various versions at my fingertips.

Can't say enough about Richard Noel's sets.
Rich is a member here - send him a PM.

Jim D

Tried to locate him on te member list and was unsucceessful. Do you have his member contact info?

To contact Richard Noel here go to BakersfieldAccordion on the members list.

It's been a long while since he posted here, going to any of his sites and contacting him directly is the fastest, I would bet.

Thanks for the responses about the Noel sets, has anyone had experience with the Dale Mathis sets. Dale is associated with Crown Music in Sun City Az.

Dale Mathis does NOT sell his sets. If you want his sets you must purchase an 8X from the place in Arizona that he works at. I sincerely think that the Noel sets are better, but that is just my opinion.

That said, for a great starting point, look to the Noel sets and then with time/experience playing with the set editor, you can make your own for free. The real fun is in the learning process and the Noel sets give you way more than enough of a good start.

Thanks Jerry and Jim, I was aware that Dale did not sell his sets and they only came with a purchase of an 8X. I have watched many of bot musicians videos. Thank you for your help.

John K

John, I noticed that you are from CT... have you ever visited the New England Accordion Museum in Cannan? Largest private accordion collection in the world and and the owner (Paul Ramuni) is a friend of mine. :)

I haven't been there yet although I've see a news videos on it a couple of years ago Some of the accordions he has came from the now closed Accordion Connection Company n NH. I visited that store and looked at several Bugari Models prior to purchasing my current I'Orio. Back then they were promoting the LEMEX, contactless midi system. The Bugari accordions were beautiful and not cheap. During my visit there I saw the Ketron X4 demonstrated and eventually purchased it when I purchased my I-Orio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back