• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Newbie from London (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiro

Reaction score
Hello, dear accordionists and like-minded people!

My name is Oleg, and soon I hope to re-start my journey into the accordion world. I used to play a piano accordion many years ago as a kid, and since then occasionally did some amateurish practice on the piano and keyboard. All going well, I will be in the market for an accordion later this year. Realistically, practicing time will be rather tight, so I am going to start with a digital instrument to get up to speed, which could be later supplemented with an acoustic version if I succeed. Most certainly will continue with the PA version, as I don't feel struggling through the complications of a transition to CBA is what I need at the moment, despite all its appeal. Besides, I rather like the sound of PA anyway, especially the slides, so don't expect the form factor to become a limiting factor. 

I'd like to thank you all for keeping such a wonderful resource alive, and hope to start contributing myself at some point.

Welcome Oleg!

Hi Oleg,

Welcome to the forum.

I hope that you soon become a regular contributor, and look forward to reading about your future progress.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Welcome Oleg!
When practicing time is limited then staying with piano accordion is certainly the best option. My wife and I switched from PA to CBA and this succeeded mainly thanks to practicing a lot! Without a lot of practice it would have been hopeless.

Thank you, Tom, Stephen and Paul.

Paul, I really appreciate your advice, and that's exactly what is driving my choice of the instrument. My goal is to play beautiful music, not to become the most technically proficient player. So racing the stage where I could feel the limitations of the system (and not my own) could be an achievement in itself.

Hi Tiro,

I don't think you will find that sticking with the PA will impose any limits on your ability. Most PA's from 72 Bass up will afford you a vast range of music, with most people running out of talent long before they hit the limits of their instrument.

There is no doubt that some members of this forum are highly talented musicians, but I think you will find that the majority play for enjoyment. I am firmly in the category of "tries hard, fails miserably" but many non-accordionists think that I am okay.

I play at Folk Clubs, Old Folks Homes, Charity Events and for Dementia Groups, none of which demand the highest musical standards. Just as long as I put something of myself into every tune I play, my audiences still tap their feet and clap their hands. JOB DONE !!!

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back