• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

new on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinm

Reaction score
Playing for about 15 years because I stopped when I was 12 and started again when I was 60 ish. Got a cheap super 6, sold it then got another cheap one , stroke of luck. Use ebay quite a lot, always sell for less than I buy. Play in Wetherby band wish I could find someone nearer to play with, tried setting up a club but it fell through, in between York and Hull
Super6 (and Guerrini oxford I am trying to sell), looking for something else, will keep the super 6
colinm

Scandallious... welcome again. Similar story here but only been back at it for a year. Will you be posting a 'for sale' with the GOx?
How's it tuned, Scottish?
Ed

Hi Colin,
Nice to meet you here.
I've never managed to sell anything on ebay for more than I bought it.

Hi Colin & welcome!

I bought my first accordion very cheaply via eBay and made a small profit by selling it through the Hobgoblin, even though they take a third!

I always lose when selling an accordion or any other instrument and I never seem to learn from it.

Well to break even you'd have to sell for 13% more than you paid, subject to price achieved, to cover ebay and PayPal fees...

Yes, I don't like selling on eBay. I use eBid and Preloved. They don't cost you anything to list. eBid charges a very small selling fee. You just leave it on there, no time limit, then one day, out of the blue, someone emails or phones. You have to be patient and not in a hurry to sell. Though I did sell a Zoom H2 once on eBid within a couple of days.

We've 'strayed' here, but I think this would be an interesting new thread - I'll give it a couple of weeks to build membership, assuming no one else has started it I'll get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back