• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,
I've been playing accordion for 52 years - started aged eight, played in a few bands over the years,
retired and still playing as an accordion duo. Can't stop it seems............over those 52 years
I spent over 20 years teaching accordion, piano and keyboards. Miss the teaching but know when
to call it a day. Looking forward to exchanging info etc.

Cheers for now......

Ian.

Hi Ian and welcome, I wish I had your background with the accordion, I have spent a lot of my life with other instruments before I really discovered the accordion. Now I find the accordion to be fascinating. I haven't had the benefit of a teacher so I'm self taught and not doing a bad job of it even so.

Hi Ian - our first PA teacher I think* - unless the others were hiding their light. You are very welcome... pro input always useful... not always taken on board, but useful:)
*Unless George signed up without an intro?

7121239 said:
Hi,
played in a few bands over the years,
retired and still playing as an accordion duo.
I spent over 20 years teaching accordion, piano and keyboards. Miss the teaching

hi, ian , what type bands? is this the music you like? i am learning but this (accordion duo) is a main part of my remit too although only get to practice as a duo every 2/3 weeks, looking forward to tips / coaching (well you said miss the teaching) hopefully (i skimmed over the calling it a day bit :) )

smdc66 aka david

Hi Ian,
An impressive accordion history.
I am playing catchup and of course will never reach my full potential nod but hey, who cares.
You can't do two things at once nod can you turn the clicks back.
Glad to meet you here and hope to gleen some of that experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back