• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

New here

D

Daveg4otu

Hi, I am Dave , an aspiring accordionist. Been playing about 6 months - self teaching.Previously played around with a D/G Melodeon....am also a long term (55 yrs ) guitar player . An ear'ole player altho' I can read guitar tab and standard notation(that last very slowly!)> Live in Devon (UK).Like mostly country,50s rock, cajun, zydeco.

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome Dave, glad to have someone with so much musical experience, even if it is with the guitar....

D

Daveg4otu

Thanks for the welcome...just realised I never said what I had ....

It is a Weltmeister 48/34 which I bought from a well known accordionist in Totnes (Devon). very pleased with it . It joins sundry guitars and a very cheap melodeon .I am a refugee from another site which seems to have shut up shop suddenly.

jarvo

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.......cajun and zydeco are two of my newest favourite musical genres.......are they interchangeable or two very distinct and different styles...still new to me...

D

Daveg4otu

Now they seem to be interchangeable but I think that originally zydeco was a combination of the original Cajun (Acadian) and blues.

Soulsaver

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Dave _ Welcome - must have missed your intro, so bit belated:)