• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

New here from Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Looks like a quality box. The Tula factory still offers high-quality instruments, when you pay a premium, on top of their regular lines.

First time I see a Bayan with 150 bass buttons. Most have 100. Have fun!
150 is definitely a bit excessive but it's still cool to have. This is definitely a well loved instrument and didn't even realize the bass buttons used to be colored black and white until I looked at the picture.

If you need suggestions of tunes to play, I follow a few people on YouTube, one goes by the name of "theonewhoCheekiBreeki" and he plays mostly a 3-row Bayan.

... and didn't even realize the bass buttons used to be colored black and white until I looked at the picture.
Typical of Russian boxes, it's like the treble notes, whites are natural and blacks are altered notes.

If you need suggestions of tunes to play, I follow a few people on YouTube, one goes by the name of "theonewhoCheekiBreeki" and he plays mostly a 3-row Bayan.
I have seen his videos, I don't really like his technique but it has introduced me to some new music.

Typical of Russian boxes, it's like the treble notes, whites are natural and blacks are altered notes.
Yes, they are just very faded with time, same with the treble. But I feel comfortable enough with the treble side I don't need them anyway.

Hello! After an exhaustive search of everywhere I could think of to find a budget bayan, I also ended up buying from Sergey in Lancaster. As it was the cheapest he offered, it is far from perfect, but my teacher deemed it a good instrument to learn with. I am glad to be able to spend money I would have spent on "newness" or international shipping on lessons with a good teacher.

Zach

Attachments

• PXL_20210807_234600174-2.jpg
    PXL_20210807_234600174-2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back