• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

New accordion from Castelfidardo

debra

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A
Impressive: didn't hear any palette clicks!😄
What's the external finish?
At about 5 minutes into the video the single M reed is demonstrated and you can clearly hear the keyboard/pallette noise is no different from with other accordions. In the entire video everything is played "forte" and then keyboard/pallette noise is rarely an issue. They play everything at the same high volume most likely because you might hear minor tuning issues at lower volume as well.
Don't know what the external finish is but on the grille it is very clearly paint. (When a grille is painted the color is not only on the outer surface but also in the cutouts, whereas with celluloid surface only the outer surface would be celluloid and at the cutouts you see the shiny aluminium.) The same holds for the plate where the bass buttons are: color also inside the holes, hence (spray) painted.
The weight is not all that surprising: the accordion has no cassotto, and likely only a 4 voice bass. They have a small number of treble and bass registers, no bellow straps... everything geared towards low weight. The sound is nothing to write home about, but that's because the accordion has no cassotto and I have grown to not like accordion sound without cassotto in general.

JIM D.

Been here for ages!
Technical Adviser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to be of an extruded plastic construction not unlike the bodies of "V" accordions. And it sounds like
it. I'm not a fan as a acoustic plastic accordion sounds that are more toy like than the warm sound of a wood bodied
accordion.

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fan as a acoustic plastic accordion sounds that are more toy like than the warm sound of a wood bodied
accordion.
I've played on one "new" Hohner Bravo (of Chinese make with mostly wood case and anything that can be plastic, is), and they sound (let's be polite)... horrible. Tinny, wheezy are terms that came to mind as I played it.

People who don't know better will purchases these boxes, but one day try a quality true all wooden box, and then really see what they are supposed to sound like.