• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Need info on accordian thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

humanmusic

Reaction score
I cannot find a model number or serial number on this. Anyone have an idea what it is? A Cambodian person gave it to me years ago. They claimed it had been used in a Cambodian prison camp for entertainment so it might be quite valuable. Otherwise, it is not in the best condition, a couple keys are a bit stuck like they are sticking but it does "play" although I don't know how to play one of these.

Attachments

• IMG_6580.JPG
    IMG_6580.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_6582.JPG
    IMG_6582.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_6583.JPG
    IMG_6583.JPG
    946.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_6584.JPG
    IMG_6584.JPG
    916.2 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_6579.JPG
    IMG_6579.JPG
    970.8 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Your pictures show a 3 reed (LMM) model Rivoli accordion.
These were offered as a medium priced line of accordions made by Sonola of Italy.
The body of these power priced models were very similar to the Pro line of Sonola accordions but offered machine made reeds instead of hand made.
Rivoli models were made in many versions with 16",17",18" and 19" keyboards.
They came in treble reed configurations of (LM) (LMH) (LMM) & (LMMH) with bass reed options containing 4 or 5 sets of reeds. The 16" keyboard models were made only with 2 treble & 4 bass reeds.
Just as the higher priced Sonola versions the Rivoli models were of quality & sturdy construction.
These were and are well worth refurbishing or rebuilding as the result will be an accordion superior to the German & China boxes made today.

Thank you for that info!

Is there a way to find out when it was made?

Late 40's early 50's.

Right on Jim!

Below is a pic of my Rivoli accordion that my Dad bought for me, brand new, in 1950.  Also is a pic, with price, of the accordion in question.  This is from a Sonola/Rivoli brochure that I still have.

John M.

Attachments

• Rivoli1.JPG
    Rivoli1.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Rivoli2.JPG
    Rivoli2.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back