• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Need Help Identifying This Accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyweeks

Reaction score
I recently came into possession of this accordion and have looked everywhere for information on it. I know it's old and it was made in Italy. Can anyone tell me more about it?
71628~2.jpeg
71625~2.jpeg
Thanks![

Without an inspection of the inside components it will be difficult to nail down the maker.
In the 30's thru late 60's (THE GOLDEN AGE OF ACCORDIONS) there were 200 accordion makers in the region of Castelfidardo, Italy that made & imported accordions to the US.
Music studios and dealers ordered these mostly mediocre made boxes and simply attached their own badge or logo. That practice is now gone as there are know only 20 makers left in Italy and making quality accordions. There is one exception of this brand or badge option and it's from Serenelliini Accordions. They will import you accordions with any badge you wish.
You have a good looking box in your exterior Pic'.
A look inside will provide more accurate response to your ??'s

Thank you! I'll get some more pictures posted soon!

Hello Jessica,

You have a nice looking box there, which I feel sure you will enjoy playing.

It would help if you could tell us something about its antecedent history, including periods and methods of storage.

Have you tested it by playing every key and button? Are there any air leaks on the bellows? Do any of the keys or buttons stick at all? Information such as this will help our knowledgeable members to better advise you of its potential.

Good Luck & Kind Regards,

Stephen.

My uncle was in the service many years ago and while traveling through Europe purchased it for my aunt. She played it in church. When she passed away, I got it. I've had for quite a few years and just recently decided to try learning about it and learning how to play it. I took it to my local music shop and thoroughly checked it out. All the keys and buttons are in perfect working order, there are no leaks in the bellows, and everything on it is original, including the case and straps. It was stored in the case, all this time.

Hello Jessica,

That all sounds wonderful, which now leaves only the little matter of learning to play it. I wish you every success in this noble endeavour, as I'm sure everyone on this forum does.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Thank you! I'm going to be getting a few lessons from the local music shop to learn the basics.

Hello Jessica,

It sounds as though you are doing all the right things ......... I'm sure your Aunt would have been immensely proud of you.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back